Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Insanity or Running?

Day 3 on Atkins:

So far it's not so bad. I'm sure I'm eating carbs that are hidden. Barbecue sauce on my chicken is probably terrible for me so I'll have to stop that, but compared to what I've been eating, I'm the best dieter ever. I had eggs and sausage for breakfast, and chicken for lunch. All I had snack-wise was some gum and sunflower seeds.

Now on to my workouts..
I did Insanity's Fit Test on Monday. It was bad. I'm very out of shape but I did it to my best ability. Damn Shaun T. I'd be sitting down, huffing and he's all "If you're sitting down you need to get up!" That asshole is in the best shape ever. Anyway.. here's my results.

Switch kicks: 65
Power Jacks: 30
Power Knees: 50
Power Jumps: 20
Globe Jumps: 0*
Suicide Jumps: 5
Push Up Jacks: 5
Low Plank Obliques: 10

*With the Globe jumps, I was just too tired. Add to that the fact that my room has barely any room and they're just not possible. I guess I could have just jumped left and right twice, but that's not what they were doing. Still, I'll have to do that next time if I'm not as tired.

I've been trying to decide if I should just keep running or just do Insanity. I did the first week of Insanity a month or so ago, but eventually stopped when I started eating like crap. I might just switch it up and do a day of Insanity, then do a day of running, etc. Or I might just stick to Insanity until I lose a bunch of weight and then start running. I'm sure running around with 280 pounds isn't gonna help my knees any.

Alright, I just got home from work so I'm gonna do another day of Insanity then relax.
I hope I survive..
-Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment